The e-Learning Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (PDBM), set at an NQF level 8, is a twelve-month qualification that develops generic management competencies and prepares students for employment in middle management positions. A particularly exciting aspect of this qualification is the opportunity it offers professionals to reflect on their own practice and expand into new areas of management.
This qualification is offered over a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years.
The content for modules will be released in batches. The content for the first three modules is available below.
- Organisational Strategy Planning and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Financial Management and Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Fundamentals of Research
If you wish to complete this qualification formally, each module requires the successful completion of an assignment and an examination. The emphasis of the module assessment is on practical application. Students will be required to address work-based challenges.
Entry Requirements (For Exam and Assignment Modules)
- A three-year university degree (NQF level 7) and
- Basic computer skills
Recognition of Prior Learning
A small number of non-degreed applicants will be considered for a qualification based on their exceptional work experience and through the recognition of prior learning (RPL) process. This will be discussed upon your application.
- For eLearning, any printing and postage requirements will be for the student's account.
- Additional fees will be charged for selection tests, reassessments, module credits, RPL, special examinations, graduation and defaults in payment of programme fees.
- Assessment results will be withheld from students who are in financial arrears.
- Flexible payment options are available for formal qualification, allowing you to choose one of several modes of payment: up-front, annually, per semester, modular or monthly
- A payment for the application fee is required
- Promotional and group discounts are available
Upon acceptance, a detailed invoice will be provided detailing the payment plan and banking details.